DCaffeinated

Life. Inside the Beltway. Outside of Politics. Mostly.

2.10.2005

Take me out to the ballgame!

Well, its time to buy those ticket packages!
The trio of Nationals mini plans includes a 41-game plan and two different
20-game plans. The 41-game plan includes Opening Night, April 14 and a $2.00
discount per game off the individual game ticket price. 41-game plan prices
range from $205 to $738 and the 20-game plan prices range from $140 to $400.

It got me thinking that maybe I could splurge the $200 and get a 41 game package in the cheap seats. Then I realized that I'm probably only going to go to 5 games, and I might as well just buy the tickets at the gate. For a little more info check out this articlearticle from yesterdays Post.

All this talk about the Nationals has taken me back to the first baseball games that I ever saw. They were all at big football stadiums (Memorial Stadium and RFK) and the seats were always great. As a little kid, I thought that Memorial Stadium was the best place ever to see a game. You got to sit high up in these bright orange bleacher seats and you could look down and see the entire field. I now realize that those are what we like to call the "cheap seats", but as a six year-old, I was just excited.

I also got a kick out of the O's exhibition homestand at RFK every spring. It wasn't the same as having a team of our own in DC, but it was pretty darn close. If I remember correctly, it was the O's vs. the Expos. I wouldn't mind seeing that match-up again.

1 Comments:

  • Just wanted to let you know that I like your blog. I am posting it to DCpages.com if you do not mind. I think it will benifit our readers.

    Luke@dcpages.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home